Thursday, July 29, 2010

Pop Art

Pop art uses common everyday objects and things that are popular at the time, I’m not saying that the Opera House is a common everyday object but it is quite popular and recognisable. I used the technique that Roy Lichtenstein used in some of his art works and that is the dots. There is nothing sophisticated about my pop art piece and that is something that pop art is known for. My piece was very colourful and that would not be seen in any “high-class” art pieces in any gallery (as far as I know) and this is what pop art was trying to establish, it was breaking away from the pack that was contemporary art.

When I think of art in general, where there is a certain area that grabs the view's attention and with the art pieces that I have come across i found that the center of the piece is the brightest part and the outside of the piece is darker drawing the viewers attention to the center. I thought why not have the outside bright compared to the middle image being relatively dull whilst doing the same thing of drawing the viewers attention to the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment